Friday, October 15, 2010

An Open Letter to Game Show Ad Writers

Dear game show ad writers,

Please stop making ads for individual episodes that contain clips from beyond the contestants’ first round. It totally ruins the suspense because anyone watching it knows that the contestant must go on to a later round until they encounter the problem featured in the ad. This is especially problematic for karaoke shows with memorable music being played. If I’ve heard Elvis in the ad, I know she isn’t going to be stumped by CCR. Maybe the first two rounds are acceptable, but in no way should the last round be featured in the ad for the above reason.

This issue is making me skip commercials, and I know that's not intended. Please amend the template for making these ads accordingly. I suggest playing old footage or footage specifically of the host welcoming the contestant.

That is all.

Dragonclaws

No comments: